This year seemed to fly by and drudge on at the same time. The first part of the year seemed to pass so slowly because I had just found out I was pregnant and I wanted to get to the 12-week safe zone. After reaching that point, it is like someone hit the fast forward button. Instead of writing a long drawn out post on everything that happened this year, I will just highlight the major/best parts. In chronological order:
1. We got Sirus
2. We found out I was pregnant
3. I went to Palm Springs, California
4. We moved into a house with a yard
5. We celebrated our 8 year dating anniversary (We didn’t do anything special so here is a picture of delicious food from a previous date)
6. I turned 25
7. We celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary
8. We had a baby!
With all the major changes we experienced in 2015 I can’t help but feel extremely grateful and blessed in so many ways. It will be hard to top this past year because the birth of our daughter is by far the best thing that has ever happened to us. Even though nothing will top that day, I am looking forward to each and every milestone she reaches in the coming months and years. In the spirit of the new year, I though I should come up with some goals that I hope to accomplish. I have never been a resolution maker but it is always nice to have some short term goals to motivate me. So, I came up with a few things that it would be nice to work on in the new year and I separated them into things that have a start and an end and things that have no clear ending. I will start with things that have a definitive end.
1. Run a half marathon. I started training for a half marathon before I found out I was pregnant. I made it to 12 miles when I found out and I decided to back off my training and focus on maintaining my fitness instead of pushing myself. This turned out to be a great decision and allowed me to really listen to my body. Now, I think this will be a great way to work on regaining my running fitness.
2. Clean out and organize our guest bedroom. This has been on the to do list for quite some time (since we moved actually) so I thought making it a goal for the new year would give me that push I need to do it. With a new baby, things have been a little crazy around here as we settle into life as new parents. However, people are visiting more now than ever before (people love babies) so having a place for them to stay is imperative.
3. Read a book for fun. I finished the wheel of time series a couple of months ago and I would really like to start reading again.
Now things that have no “finish.”
1. Spend time every day to clean up around the house. If I spend just a couple of minutes before bed to pick up around the house, it will help keep clutter to a minimum.
2. Have a monthly date night. We have always made time for date night but now that we have a baby I know it will be more difficult to just pick up a go. I want to make an effort to keep a monthly date night where we can spend some quality time together.
3. Focus on being less stressed out. I have always been a stress case about everything in my life. Now that I’m a mom, I have even more things to be stressed about. Stress is extremely unhealthy and it is something I have struggled with for a long time. This year I am going to try to be less stressed out and more easy going about unforeseen events.
I hope everyone has a great 2016!